SPACEJAM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SPACEJAM

SPACEJAM NBA2K AND MADDEN LEAGUE

You are not connected. Please login or register

SJ Madden rules (stolen from Helios

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SJ Madden rules (stolen from Helios Empty SJ Madden rules (stolen from Helios Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:49 pm

EDC

EDC

Will be cleaned up.

Sim Play Regulations:
*Playbooks/Plays - Owners MUST use a NFL team playbook. That means no 4-6 playbooks/Multiple-D. This has been a touchy issue every year but has been concluded it is better this way.
Owners are expect to make use of their entire playbook. Varied playcalling is the key to sim play and I expect the league to be as such. No money plays/formations, audibles on the goal-line to create wonky situations (like a LT at WR). 4WR+ sets should not be used as a base offense (this isn't college). Goal line formation should only be used inside the redzone or on an applicable 4th down situation where you are allowed to go for it.

Given the new XP system, some people may be inclined to pad stats for specific players in order to reach their individual goals. It has been confirmed that individual goals provide minimal XP in comparison to team goals. It has also been confirmed that there is only 1 level of XP given per goal once it has been reached so it doesn't matter if you barely meet a goal or get 10X the amount of yards the goal says, the Xp stats the same. There is no reason for people to try and pad stats / run up the scores given these 2 statements.

*CPU Games - CPU games can be extremely easy for a lot of players. That does not mean I should see people padding stats / blowing the score out the water just because you can. Stat padding is a serious offense which will result in harsh penalties. Same rules apply in regards to play calling / play style.

*Movement - We all know how funny and how good zig-zagging and bobbing and weaving is when playing other users. It does, however, take advantage of the fact that the locomotion in this game is screwed up. I expect most of a player's cuts (over 45 degrees) to be made using the right stick and the left stick should only be used for direction changes under 45 degrees. Here's a couple of examples on a kickoff where the cuts are too sharp resulting in unrealistic movement (which in turn led to easy touchdowns)

*Running game - We all know how fun it is to bounce a run outside with Chris Johnson and watch him run for 90 yards. However, people are expected to adhere to playing sim ball. If you are calling an inside run play you are expected to TRY to run the ball inside. Bouncing every run play outside will result in removal from the league.

An inside run (dive, sprint, iso, plunge, draw, mid draw, etc.) should play out like the image below:
Yellow = Good
Red = Bad

As you can see in the picture above, the 3 yellow lines represent what I would call "realistic cuts" using the left stick. Anything outside the yellow lines (roughly 45 degrees) is the point in which left stick juking/cutting becomes unrealistic, with anything around or past the red lines being a blatant and serious offense.

*TE/WR rule - This is a new rule I've thought about for the past 2 years. Given each team's composition is different in regards to TE's and WR's I have come up with the following rule so as to make it fair for all teams in regards to usage of their weapons on offense.

1)The use of TE's will be regulated on the basis of personnel. If you have a star TE and scrubs at WR you are allowed to throw to them more often than a team with a scrub TE and star WRs. Your WRs are expected to get receptions in correspondence to their skill level. I don't expect to see a slot WR rated 65 overall getting more receptions / yards than Calvin Johnson.

2) If you have a team that is balanced at WR and TE (say your WRs and TE are all in the 70-80 range) then your stats should be balanced between the lot.

Basically your team should play to its strengths while not abusing any 1 or 2 players. This new rule should alleviate the people with star tight ends such as Jimmy Graham or Jermichael Finley from feeling bad when they use them a lot throughout the game.

*Field Goals/Punts - It has become increasingly easier to block punts and field goals by moving players to certain spots and getting a good jump. No player should be moved out of position on field goals or punts. This rule is similar to the general pre-snap movement rule when playing defense.

*Onside Kicks - Onside kicks should only be used in the 4th quarter when there isn't enough time to allow for a defensive stop to give a player a chance to come back.

*Kickoff Returns/Punt Returns - You can only control the return man, NO EXCEPTIONS. Bobbing and weaving around unrealistically (as stated earlier) is strictly prohibited. Cutting back normally is fine, but one should not be making 90 degree turns trying to throw off a user trying to make a play. The same applies for the rest of the game. Players should also not be running around / out of bounds and coming up at the last second to catch the ball in order to get the ball while on a full sprint.

*Abusing the A.I./Common Sense Rules - No nano blitzing and no throwing to the flats all day. You shouldn't have the majority of your passes thrown to TE's and HB's. Make sure to involve your outside WRs into your passing game. Some people like to only throw to their slot WRs (or vice versa).

On defense, players should not be manually moved out of position. You should only be using the defensive strategy pad (not every play though) to adjust your defender's positions (except for minor adjustment of linebackers and etc. that aren't meant to abuse any AI deficiencies).

Players should not "quick snap" the ball as soon as they get to the line. Get to the line, make a read, make adjustments (an allow defense to do so), and then snap the ball. In the NFL most teams in normal situations will snap the ball from anywhere between 10 seconds left on the clock to 1 second left. I don't expect people to be mashing the snap key as their players walk to the line. Football is a chess match, it should be played as such.

No huddle is allowed when the situation calls for it. If a person comes out in a 4-3 defense against a 4 WR set you can exploit the mistmatch by calling no huddle the next play. I know there are teams in real life that run a lot of no huddle (and is the basis of some offenses), but given the lack of control the defense has on making adjustments it isn't to be used often. Using no huddle under 2 minutes is fine as long as it isn't being used to run up the score. The only legitimate reason to move a player out of position is if the game messes up by throwing someone across the field in man coverage on someone.

*Fourth Down - If u aren't past midfield you must punt. The only exceptions are as follows:

If you are winning by 7 or less and it is 4th and 1 PAST the 50, you can go for it. If it is 4th and 2 you CANNOT go for the conversion!!!

If you're losing in the third quarter by 14 or more, the punt restriction is lifted if you are past midfield. I do not expect people to abuse this. You shouldn't start going for it on every 4th down just because you CAN. Use good judgement and there won't be any issues.

If you're losing in the 4th quarter, the punt restriction is lifted, UNLESS you're losing by 3 or less and in field goal range, you must kick the field goal on 4th down.

If you are on the borderline of field goal range (35-40 yard line), you can go for it if it is 4th and 3 or less. The previous rules are also implied with this situation. If you are leading you should be punting it or kicking the field goal. If you are down by 3 you should be inclined to kick the field goal unless the situation presents that there is no way you will make it (high winds/your kicker has crappy power). I will be monitoring these situations CLOSELY, and any abuse will result in a kick from the league.

*Quarterback Movement - Quarterbacks should not be dropping back more then 10 yrds a play and users who hike the ball an immediately run out of the pocket without an pressure up will not be tolerated. Unless you are being pressured your QB should stay in the pocket. Scrambling with the QB is allowed but do not call a pass play with the sole intention of running with the QB. If you are repeatedly dropping back over 10yrds a play you will be booted. Basically learn to step up in the pocket and be a real sim baller. Designed rollout plays are allowed, but shouldn't be abused in order to allow for you to move around outside the pocket.

*Use of Motion - There is no problem with using motion on offense. However, there are a few circumstances where motion can cause issues / become cheese. The ball should not be snapped while the WR in Motion is near the line. It is common practice to snap the ball while the WR is inside the "tackle box" to provide an extra blocker on run plays. This is one of the uses of motion that is considered cheesing. If there are plays that manually put a player in motion to be an extra blocker, the play is fine to use.

*Free Agency -
- You can bid on as many free agents as you want throughout the off-season. Please be realistic and try not to screw your salary cap up. If you screw it up I have to fix it. AND I DON'T LIKE FIXING THINGS.

- Free Agents signed must remain with the team for the entire season in which they are signed.

*Roster - Each team is required to have no less then 52 players for salary cap balance. Positional changes are restricted to the following:
~FS/SS/CB
~OLB/MLB
~OLB/DE
~DT/DE
~OT/OG/C
~TE/WR (TE cannot be higher than 5th on Depth Chart)
~RB/WR(RB may not be higher than 5th on Depth Chart)
~RB/FB (Should not be done for use of FB run plays w/ your HB)
~TE/FB (TE may not be higher than 2nd on the Depth Chart)

WR Depth Chart: For the most part your wide receivers should be in order on the depth chart according to rating. There are instances where this can be bypassed such as WR's such as Wes Welker who spend most of their time in the slot. All such depth chart moves must be approved by the commish prior to being done.

*Schedule and Disconnects -
If at any time you are having a hard time scheduling your game with another owner, I expect you to contact me so I can observe the owners' availability status. If you and your opponent agree on a play time I expect you to honor that agreement. If at all possible we will try to re-schedule games and sim only when necessary. However, if we are waiting for the same owners week in and week out don't expect any leniency on the advance schedule. If your opponent loses connection against you pause and message them about it. From there you have a few options. The first is just simply restarting the game from scratch. The second is to recreate the game situation before the disconnect (same score, possession, time left). If there is a dispute feel free to contact me and I will try and resolve the situation the best possible way.

* Salary Cap -
Each team will have the same salary cap to start the first season which they mus remain under. All players signed, traded, and released (not including offseason moves) will affect your team's total salary. If a player is traded or released and still has a guaranteed money remaining on his contract you will take a cap penalty. It is every owner's responsibility to know, record, and manage your cap penalties for all of your transactions.

* Salary Cap Penalty -
Teams will be penalized for salary cap infractions. Penalties will be handed out on a week by week basis. 1 week over the cap results in your salary cap being reduced (amount is based on how much you are over). 2 weeks over the cap and you will be forced to release a SINGLE PLAYER that will put you under the cap (even if it means releasing a good player). 3 weeks over the cap and you will lose your 1st round draft pick for the upcoming draft. After that you will be booted from the franchise.

*Trades -

1) Owners are allowed 3 trades per season (5 proposals)with other owners with a maximum of 8 players traded per season (cpu trades won't be allowed). Trades made during the off-season (after the Super Bowl) are counted towards the following season's trade limits. Trades must be done through the in-game trade function. Release and Sign trading is not allowed this year given the built in salary cap / penalties.

2) There is a trade council this year due to issues with people trying to squeak in imbalanced trades under my nose. In order for a trade to be approved you must receive a majority vote from the council. During the first few weeks of the first season I will help give an idea on balanced trades until people get an idea of what trades are worth proposing to the council. After that don't ask council members if they would approve a trade. This will count as 1 of your 5 proposals IN ADDITION to actually posting the trade for council approval.

3) There will be no trades involving rookies or players rated 85+ in season (rating listed on the team a player is currently on). You are allowed to trade these players in the offseason (The time in between the end of Super Bowl and beginning of Pre-Season). We hardly ever see star players being traded away in real life and we don't want this looking like a fantasy draft by week 5. Given the Production rating and its effect on overall rating, this rule is subject to change at any time.

4) A player rated 89 or lower may be traded at the trade deadline (maximum of week before) if he meets/the team meets the following criteria:

4a) The team is currently last in their division or tied for last.
4b) The player is 31 years or older.

This will allow for teams who are struggling to somewhat rebuild without having to hang on to aging veterans that will be gone in a couple years time.

5) Trading during the draft will be allowed this year. There will be some limitations, however. Trades done mid-draft shall only include draft picks. No players can be involved in these trades. Trades completed during the draft do not need to be approved by the trade council. Trades done during the draft do not count towards the trade limit. If it is determined that owners cannot decide on balanced trades with each other, the use of trades during the draft will be banned.

6) If a player is traded for he must remain on that team for a minimum of 1 season. Only exception to the rule is if you decide to release a player due to poor performance or other similar issues. I advise everyone not to try and abuse this to sneak trades in through free agency as I will instantly boot you from the league.

*Complaints - Talk to the commissioner (or a mod) about anything you have an issue with even if its about someones style of play, the way the league is being run, or any general questions you may have. If complaining about a player it helps to provide video evidence from highlights or from video footage captured from the game. Don't call them out on the forums unless it is fairly obvious about the cheese (they are up 75-0 in the 2nd quarter n such).
If you have an issue with the way an opponent is playing; tell them. An owner reserves the right to quit a game if he feels his opponent is "cheating" in any way. Note, however, that if the evidence shows (which must be provided by the person filing the complaint) that the person wasn't at fault, the accused has the right to play his game against the CPU. This is to prevent owners from quitting out cause they are losing in an attempt to get a rematch. I won't be taking these things lightly. If you don't provide evidence of the person cheesing/not playing sim ball you will not be happy with the ending.

If the game is out of reach and you quit the game out of frustration, the person remaining will be allowed to count the game, and you will be warned. I see the stats of my league as a reflection of how sim my owners play. Quitting games skews the stats as much as padding stats does. Quitting is grounds for a quick trip out of the league.

* Week Advancement - The week will advance every 24-36 hours. This deadline will be enforced as much as possible. The only way it will deviate is if multiple people contact me asking for an extension. All owners who are unable to make the deadline will have their game simmed or their game against a user will be played vs the CPU. Your simulation/schedule trouble count will be tracked. Anyone who can't play a majority of their games will be removed from the league.

*Changing Teams - In order to switch teams the following penalties will be incurred:

1) If you've traded any draft picks, you must give a corresponding draft pick from your new team to your old (1st rounder for 1st rounder, etc.)

2) If you've played 0 games with your team and do not fall under any of the above criteria, you can switch 1 time that season w/ no penalty.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum